Do you know the best way to drive your company's growth? If not, it's time to boost your Growth IQ.
Trying to find the one right move that will improve your business's performance can feel overwhelming. But, as you'll discover in Growth IQ, there are just ten simple–but easily misunderstood–paths to growth, and every successful growth strategy can be boiled down to picking the right combination and sequence of these paths for your current context.
Tiffani Bova travels around the world helping companies solve their most vexing problem: how to keep growing in the face of stiff competition and a fast-changing business environment. Whether she's presenting to a Fortune 500 board of directors or brainstorming over coffee with a startup founder, Bova cuts through the clutter and confusion that surround growth.
Now, she draws on her decades of experience and more than thirty fascinating, in-depth business stories to demonstrate the opportunities–and pitfalls–of each of the ten growth paths, how they work together, and how they apply to business today. You'll see how, for instance:
* Red Bull broke Coca-Cola and PepsiCo's stranglehold on the soft drink market by taking the Customer Base Penetration path to establish a foothold with adventure sports junkies and expand into the mainstream.
* Marvel transformed itself from a struggling comic book publisher into a global entertainment behemoth by using a Customer and Product Diversification strategy and shifting their focus from comic books to comic book characters in movies.
* Starbucks suffered a brand crisis when they overwhelmed their customers with a Product Expansion strategy, and brought back CEO Howard Schultz to course-correct by returning to the Customer Experience path.
Through Bova's insightful analyses of these and many other case studies, you'll see why it can be a mistake to imitate strategies that worked for your competitors, or rely on strategies that worked for you in the past. To grow your company with confidence, you first need to grow your Growth IQ.
- Hardcover: 352 pages
- Publisher: Portfolio (August 14, 2018)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0525534407
- ISBN-13: 978-0525534402
- Product Dimensions: 6.2 x 1.1 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds